Dropping Off Your Child
- Place all of your child's items in a cubby. (cubbies for rooms 337 and 341 are outside the rooms, 243 is inside the room)
- Parents, please model the hand washing behavior for your child by washing hands with them. Who knows, you may save yourself a cold or flu as well!
- If child is potty trained or potty training, please have them use/try the potty in the hall and wash hands before entering the classroom.
- Once you enter the classroom, please wash hands and have you child do the same
- Parents sign child in in the classroom.
- Give your child a hug and enjoy your time while they enjoy theirs
Picking Up Your Child
By the end of your child's stay, most children are tired, ready to eat and/or ready for a rest time. Here are some suggestions to make this transition time easier for your child.
- If payment is due, stop by the office (room 350) to pay before picking up.
- Take all items from your child's cubby.
- Sign out your child in the classroom.
- Remember when you come to pick up, you are responsible for your child. The staff are watching the children whose parents have not yet arrived. Please understand if we can't chat at the moment. Please check with the program supervisor to find a mutually convenient time for a parent/teacher conference. We are happy to arrange a time to meet.
Dress for Success
Art projects and playgrounds are messy, as well as fun and educational. Make sure your child wears clothes that are washable and shoes that are practical. Any valuable jewelry or small items that could be misplaced or be a choking hazard for smaller children should be left at home. Trettin assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Snacks and Lunch Time
We provide snack in the morning and afternoon. If your child has an allergy, please let us know. None of our snacks contain nuts or meat products. Check our menu to find out what's being served. If you would prefer your child eat something from home you are welcome to bring it. Lunch time is from 12-12:45 pm. Please provide a lunch that your child can eat with minimal assistance. Trettin is nut-free.
We DO accept children in diapers. We provide Huggies Snug and Dry diapers and unscented wipes for diaper changes, unless your child has an allergy. The tuition charged for children in diapers is an extra $0.50 per hour ($13.00/hour or $8.00/hour at the sibling rate).
There are times when a child may become angry, in an inappropriate manner, and need time and assistance to learn how to handle the situation.
- If a child is hitting, they are told to stop. We suggest that they use their words to communicate their anger (we help with words if necessary), and try to arrange a solution.
- If a child is biting, we tend to the injured child first, and then walk the child who is biting to a quiet corner to discuss their need to let us know when they need help with a situation. All adults are there to help.
- If a child is kicking, biting and hitting in an out of control manner, they are walked or carried to a quiet space until they regain control and an alternative solution is agreed upon.
If your child is sick, please do not send them to school. If a child becomes sick while in attendance, the parent or designated contact person will be called on to pick up the child immediately. The Keep Me Home If... document provided by Seattle & King County Public Health is your key for whether or not your child should stay home.
Playground and Meal Schedule
Trettin Drop In Preschool Daily Schedule
During free play/choice time, all activities are available.
We now include story, music and show and tell as desired, based on the interests of the children present.
9:00 school opens
9:00 - 9:45 breakfast snack available
9:00 – 10:45 free play/choice time
10:45 – 11:00 cleanup / potty / handwashing
11:00 – 12:00 playground time
12:00 – 12:45 handwashing / lunch /free choice time
12:45 – 1:00 cleanup / potty / handwashing
1:00 – 2:00 playground time
2:15 – 2:45 snack available
2:00 – 4:00 free choice time
4:00 school closes
We provide 2 snacks and make milk available for lunch time. You will need to provide a lunch if your child attends at that time.
* Staff cannot stop to sign out students while traveling between locations. If you arrive to pick up your child(ren) at these times you may walk with us or wait for students and staff at the next destination.